Brighton rejects £50m Liverpool bid for injured Yankuba Minteh
3 sources • 2 min read • Latest: Aug 20, 2026, 5:29 PM
Last updated Aug 20, 2026

Brighton & Hove Albion has turned down an opening £50 million bid from Liverpool for Yankuba Minteh. The winger, who will be sidelined for around eight weeks due to injury, was among several options Liverpool considered following the departure of Mo Salah. Brighton's refusal highlights the current market dynamics, as other potential targets remain problematic due to high asking prices. The situation underscores the challenges both clubs face in the transfer window.
- •Brighton rejects Liverpool's initial £50m offer for Yankuba Minteh.
- •Minteh will be unavailable for about eight weeks due to injury.
- •Liverpool is exploring multiple player options in the transfer market.
- •Mo Salah's exit has prompted Liverpool to seek reinforcements.
- •Other potential targets like PSG’s Ibrahim Mbaye are facing price challenges.
- 6:25 PMESPN Soccer — Sources: Brighton reject $68M Liverpool Minteh bid
- 4:59 PMThe Guardian Sport — Liverpool see £50m bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton
- 3:50 PMYahoo Sports — Brighton reject £50m Liverpool bid for injured Yankuba Minteh
"Minteh targeted as replacement for Mohamed Salah Winger sidelined after recovering from leg surgery Liverpool have had a £50m bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton. The club are looking to add two wide forwards to Andoni Iraola’s squad before the transfer deadline with their pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain’s Bradley Barcola ongoing. Liverpool’s short-list of targets also includes former Minteh but Brighton, who have lost Danny Welbeck to Chelsea and have Kaoru Mitoma out injured, have rebuffed the approach for the 22-year-old. Minteh has scored nine goals in 66 Premier League appearances since joining Brighton from Newcastle for £30m two years ago and is reportedly open to becoming a Liverpool player. He is currently recovering from surgery having suffered a leg injury in a pre-season friendly against Roma earlier this month and could be sidelined for another eight weeks. It remains to be seen whether Liverpool increase their offer for the Gambia international. Continue reading...
"Brighton & Hove Albion have rejected an opening Liverpool bid of £50m for Yankuba Minteh.The Athletic reports that the Seagulls star is one of several options the Reds are looking at in the current w...
"Liverpool have had a £50 million ($68m) bid for Brighton & Hove Albion's Yankuba Minteh rejected, sources told ESPN.
Sources
External links- ESPN SoccerAug 20, 2026, 6:25 PMSources: Brighton reject $68M Liverpool Minteh bid
Liverpool have had a £50 million ($68m) bid for Brighton & Hove Albion's Yankuba Minteh rejected, sources told ESPN.
- The Guardian SportAug 20, 2026, 4:59 PMLiverpool see £50m bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton
Minteh targeted as replacement for Mohamed Salah Winger sidelined after recovering from leg surgery Liverpool have had a £50m bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton. The club are looking to add two wide forwards to Andoni Iraola’s squad before the transfer deadline with their pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain’s Bradley Barcola ongoing. Liverpool’s short-list of targets also includes former Minteh but Brighton, who have lost Danny Welbeck to Chelsea and have Kaoru Mitoma out injured, have rebuffed the approach for the 22-year-old. Minteh has scored nine goals in 66 Premier League appearances since joining Brighton from Newcastle for £30m two years ago and is reportedly open to becoming a Liverpool player. He is currently recovering from surgery having suffered a leg injury in a pre-season friendly against Roma earlier this month and could be sidelined for another eight weeks. It remains to be seen whether Liverpool increase their offer for the Gambia international. Continue reading...
- Yahoo SportsAug 20, 2026, 3:50 PMBrighton reject £50m Liverpool bid for injured Yankuba Minteh
Brighton & Hove Albion have rejected an opening Liverpool bid of £50m for Yankuba Minteh.The Athletic reports that the Seagulls star is one of several options the Reds are looking at in the current w...
Original reporting and copyright belong to the linked sources. SportsNewsReport.com aggregates and links — it does not republish full articles.
Related Stories
Last 14 days
EPL•Aug 20, 2026, 5:15 PMJaissle on Dedic, Keegan tributes and Isak's return with Liverpool
EPL•Aug 20, 2026, 5:00 PMMatthias Jaissle Sounds Alarm on Newcastle Squad Before Liverpool Opener
EPL•Aug 20, 2026, 4:55 PMCarrick insists Man Utd will make more signings after quiet transfer window
EPL•Aug 20, 2026, 4:55 PMReport: Liverpool set to battle Everton in the race to sign £17m forward
EPL•Aug 20, 2026, 4:40 PMNewcastle boss Jaissle confirms key man will miss Liverpool clash
EPL•Aug 20, 2026, 4:39 PMHow does Coventry's transfer approach compare with Sunderland in 2025?
