Eddie Hearn insists Fury-Joshua fight contract is signed and secured

2 sources1 min read • Latest: Aug 22, 2026, 10:57 PM

Last updated Aug 22, 2026

Eddie Hearn insists Fury-Joshua fight contract is signed and secured
Summary

Promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed that a fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua is set to occur, with contracts signed and awaiting a date. Despite Fury suggesting the fight may not happen, Hearn emphasized that no party can withdraw from a signed agreement. The bout is expected to take place in the United Kingdom, although Saudi organizers Sela are advocating for a venue in the United States, specifically Madison Square Garden. Hearn has expressed a preference for the fight to remain in the UK, despite the interest from American audiences and organizations.

Source Links
By the Numbers
  • Eddie Hearn asserts the Fury-Joshua fight is confirmed and contractual.
  • The fight is planned for the United Kingdom, despite competing interests from Saudi organizers.
  • Fury had previously claimed the fight was unlikely to happen.
  • Joshua and Fury have individual contracts with organizers for this event.
  • The fight is slated to be broadcast on Netflix.
Latest Updates
  • 10:57 PMYahoo SportsNobody can stop Fury-Joshua from happening - Hearn
  • 10:57 PMBBC SportNobody can stop Fury-Joshua from happening - Hearn
What they're saying
"

Promoter Eddie Hearn says "no-one can pull out" of the proposed fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

"

Promoter Eddie Hearn says "no-one can pull out" of the proposed fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

Related Teams & Leagues

Sources

External links

Original reporting and copyright belong to the linked sources. SportsNewsReport.com aggregates and links — it does not republish full articles.

Related Stories

Last 14 days