Fernando Alonso remains undecided on future with Aston Martin

Yahoo Sports1 min read • Latest: Aug 20, 2026, 9:21 AM

Last updated Aug 20, 2026

Fernando Alonso remains undecided on future with Aston Martin
Summary

Fernando Alonso has yet to finalize his future with Aston Martin ahead of the Dutch Grand Prix, according to team Chief Trackside Officer Mike Krack. Alonso previously stated that he would make a decision during the summer break, but no conclusion has been reached so far. Krack emphasized the team's commitment to Alonso, despite ongoing speculation about other drivers. Alonso wishes to remain with Aston Martin but has not decided on his specific role within the team. The decision is expected in the coming weeks as discussions continue.

Source Links
By the Numbers
  • Fernando Alonso's future decision is pending as of August 20, 2026.
  • Aston Martin remains focused on retaining Alonso despite other driver rumors.
  • Mike Krack indicated that a decision might come in the coming weeks.
  • Alonso previously expressed a desire to stay with Aston Martin.
Latest Updates
  • 9:21 AMYahoo SportsAlonso is yet to decide on Formula 1 future: 'We are waiting for his decision'
What they're saying
"

Fernando Alonso is yet to decide on his future, Aston Martin's Mike Krack said ahead of the Dutch Grand Prix. The two-time world champion previously said that he would make his decision about his future during the summer break.

Related Teams & Leagues

Sources

External links

Original reporting and copyright belong to the linked sources. SportsNewsReport.com aggregates and links — it does not republish full articles.

Related Stories

Last 14 days