Khamzat Chimaev responds to Namo Fazil's claims of pre-fight confrontation
Yahoo Sports • 2 min read • Latest: Aug 20, 2026, 4:00 PM
Last updated Aug 20, 2026

Khamzat Chimaev addressed allegations made by Namo Fazil regarding a pre-fight incident that occurred before Fazil's bout at Dana White’s Contender Series on August 20, 2026. Fazil reported being confronted by a large group, allegedly Chechen, leading to an incident during his weight cut. After being knocked out in the third round by Kaik Brito, Fazil suggested this confrontation affected his performance. Chimaev expressed discontent with the situation and called for unity among Muslims while implying that personal disputes should remain private. This incident follows Fazil’s earlier successful submission win earlier in May.
- •Namo Fazil fought Kaik Brito at Dana White’s Contender Series.
- •Fazil alleges he was jumped by a group during weight cut.
- •Chimaev responded on social media, urging unity among Muslims.
- •Fazil's loss ended an eight-fight winning streak.
- •UFC CEO Dana White hinted at issues occurring before the fight.
- 4:00 PMYahoo Sports — Khamzat Chimaev seemingly responds to Namo Fazil’s claims of being jumped prior to DWCS loss
- 4:00 PMMMA Fighting — Khamzat Chimaev seemingly responds to Namo Fazil’s claims of being jumped prior to DWCS loss
"NEWARK, NEW JERSEY - MAY 09: Khamzat Chimaev of the United Arab Emirates walks towards the ring before a middleweight title bout during UFC 328 at the Prudential Center on May 09, 2026 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Ishika Samant/Getty Images) | Getty Images Khamzat Chimaev appears to have given his side of Namo Fazil’s pre-DWCS story. Fazil was brutally knocked out in the third round of the DWCS headliner against Kaik Brito on Tuesday night after a wild, back-and-forth battle. Following the bout, Fazil alleges that he was confronted by “15 people,” who Fazil says were Chechen, with two of them allegedly slapping him during his weight cut. UFC CEO Dana White hinted that “some shit” happened at the fighter hotel before the event, but did not go into details. On Thursday, former UFC middleweight champion Khamzat Chimaev released a post on social media, which appears to be in direct response to Fazil’s story. “I just want to say that if something happens between two men, they need to sort things out between them self with out letting media make fitna between nations,” Chimaev stated. “We all are brothers. Chechens and Kurds we are Muslims and we should stay united. I’m not happy with the things that happened. I respect strong Kurdish people. When someone speaks bad then he should know there always will be consequences.” The loss for Fazil snapped an eight-fight win streak, which the 29-year-old says had something to do with the confrontation during fight week. Fazil opened some eyeballs with his second-round submission win over Jake Babian at the Rousey vs. Carano MVP event in May.
"Namo Fazil fought on Dana White’s Contender Series on Tuesday
Sources
External links- Yahoo SportsAug 20, 2026, 4:00 PMKhamzat Chimaev seemingly responds to Namo Fazil’s claims of being jumped prior to DWCS loss
Namo Fazil fought on Dana White’s Contender Series on Tuesday
- MMA FightingAug 20, 2026, 4:00 PMKhamzat Chimaev seemingly responds to Namo Fazil’s claims of being jumped prior to DWCS loss
NEWARK, NEW JERSEY - MAY 09: Khamzat Chimaev of the United Arab Emirates walks towards the ring before a middleweight title bout during UFC 328 at the Prudential Center on May 09, 2026 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Ishika Samant/Getty Images) | Getty Images Khamzat Chimaev appears to have given his side of Namo Fazil’s pre-DWCS story. Fazil was brutally knocked out in the third round of the DWCS headliner against Kaik Brito on Tuesday night after a wild, back-and-forth battle. Following the bout, Fazil alleges that he was confronted by “15 people,” who Fazil says were Chechen, with two of them allegedly slapping him during his weight cut. UFC CEO Dana White hinted that “some shit” happened at the fighter hotel before the event, but did not go into details. On Thursday, former UFC middleweight champion Khamzat Chimaev released a post on social media, which appears to be in direct response to Fazil’s story. “I just want to say that if something happens between two men, they need to sort things out between them self with out letting media make fitna between nations,” Chimaev stated. “We all are brothers. Chechens and Kurds we are Muslims and we should stay united. I’m not happy with the things that happened. I respect strong Kurdish people. When someone speaks bad then he should know there always will be consequences.” The loss for Fazil snapped an eight-fight win streak, which the 29-year-old says had something to do with the confrontation during fight week. Fazil opened some eyeballs with his second-round submission win over Jake Babian at the Rousey vs. Carano MVP event in May.
Original reporting and copyright belong to the linked sources. SportsNewsReport.com aggregates and links — it does not republish full articles.
Related Stories
Last 14 days
UFC•Aug 20, 2026, 4:10 PMNamo Fazil says Khamzat Chimaev teammate, 14 others attacked him in hotel room
UFC•Aug 20, 2026, 3:54 PMHiroba Minowa Vs. Yuta Miyazawa, Kosei Yoshida Vs. Zhao Zhengdong Added To ONE SAMURAI 3
UFC•Aug 20, 2026, 3:17 PMYair Rodriguez Explains Why He Pulled Out of Noche UFC
UFC•Aug 20, 2026, 3:00 PMEdson Barboza at peace with retirement after ‘internal battles’ to admit it was time to walk away
UFC•Aug 20, 2026, 2:30 PMYair Rodriguez reveals injury forced him out of Noche UFC headliner
UFC•Aug 20, 2026, 2:03 PMIlia Topuria next fight? ‘Easy’ Michael Chandler, according to UFC matchmaker Arman
