Monaco terminates Paul Pogba's contract ahead of new season

Yahoo Sports1 min read • Latest: Aug 19, 2026, 9:57 AM

Last updated Aug 19, 2026

Monaco terminates Paul Pogba's contract ahead of new season
Summary

Monaco has officially parted ways with midfielder Paul Pogba prior to the upcoming Ligue 1 season. The decision follows a tenure marked by injuries, limiting Pogba to a few substitute appearances. After signing a two-year deal last year aimed at reviving his career, both sides acknowledged that the initial goals were only partially met. Pogba recently struggled with fitness and faced ongoing injury concerns. Monaco announced the contract termination before their first match of the season, allowing both parties to move forward.

Source Links
Status Watch
  • Pogba joined Monaco on a two-year deal following injuries and a doping ban.
  • He made limited appearances during his time at the club.
  • The contract termination was announced just before the new Ligue 1 season.
  • Monaco finished seventh in Ligue 1 last season.
Latest Updates
  • 10:48 AMYahoo SportsPogba parts ways with Monaco after six appearances
  • 9:57 AMYahoo SportsMonaco parts with Pogba after the midfielder hardly played during an injury-hit stay
What they're saying
"

Monaco has parted ways with midfielder Paul Pogba after the former France star's stay was hampered by injuries. Pogba signed a two-year-deal last year in order to relaunch a career derailed by injuries and a doping ban. “Acknowledging that the objectives initially set have been only partially met, Monaco and Paul Pogba have decided, prior to the first match of the new season, to terminate the contract that bound them until June 2027,” eight-time French champion Monaco said in a statement.

"

Former France World Cup winner Paul Pogba and AS Monaco are parting ways after just six matches after the French top-flight club said a contract set to run until 2027 had been terminated early. Monaco added in a statement on Wednesday that the separation just before the start of the new season was because targets set had only been partly achieved, based on a joint assessment.

Related Teams & Leagues

Sources

External links

Original reporting and copyright belong to the linked sources. SportsNewsReport.com aggregates and links — it does not republish full articles.

Related Stories

Last 14 days