RB Leipzig pursues Said El Mala from FC Köln amid transfer discussions

Yahoo Sports1 min read • Latest: Aug 19, 2026, 8:45 PM

Last updated Aug 19, 2026

RB Leipzig pursues Said El Mala from FC Köln amid transfer discussions
Summary

RB Leipzig is reportedly targeting Said El Mala from FC Köln as a potential addition. This pursuit follows the collapse of Borussia Dortmund's interest in the 19-year-old forward, and Leipzig is now seen as a leading candidate to sign him. FC Köln has previously rejected offers exceeding €50 million and is demanding a similar amount, along with a sell-on clause. RB Leipzig is contemplating surpassing its usual transfer spending limits, with reports suggesting they may propose a package around €60 million. El Mala is said to be receptive to moving to Leipzig, especially with the opportunity for Champions League football, and both clubs are eager to finalize negotiations before the transfer window closes.

Source Links
Latest Updates
  • RB Leipzig seeks to sign FC Köln's Said El Mala.
  • Dortmund's failed bid opened the door for Leipzig's interest.
  • FC Köln demands over €50 million for El Mala.
  • A proposed deal could reach around €60 million with bonuses.
  • El Mala is interested in the opportunity for Champions League play.
Latest Updates
  • 8:45 PMYahoo SportsRB Leipzig making late charge at FC Köln’s Said El Mala?
What they're saying
"

Will RB Leipzig be able to get a deal done?

Related Teams & Leagues

Sources

External links

Original reporting and copyright belong to the linked sources. SportsNewsReport.com aggregates and links — it does not republish full articles.

Related Stories

Last 14 days