Simeone confirms Alvarez will not join Arsenal or Barcelona this summer
Yahoo Sports • 1 min read • Latest: Aug 18, 2026, 12:40 PM
Last updated Aug 18, 2026

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone stated that Julian Alvarez will not transfer to either Arsenal or Barcelona during the summer window. Alvarez, who has expressed a desire to leave, will miss Atletico's La Liga opener against Malaga. Atletico's CEO Miguel Angel Gil has previously emphasized that the club is not open to selling Alvarez, not even for a £170 million offer. Simeone reinforced this position, stressing the club's commitment to keeping him and helping him regain form ahead of the season.
- •Julian Alvarez will not move to Arsenal or Barcelona this summer.
- •Simeone reiterated the club's stance on not selling Alvarez.
- •Alvarez is set to miss the opening match against Malaga.
- •Atletico previously rejected a £170 million offer for Alvarez.
- 12:40 PMYahoo Sports — Simeone sends ‘perfectly clear’ Alvarez transfer message to Arsenal and Barcelona
"Diego Simeone has made it “perfectly clear” that Julian Alvarez will not be joining wither Arsenal or Barcelona in the summer transfer window. The Atletico Madrid forward is set to miss Wednesday�...
Sources
External linksOriginal reporting and copyright belong to the linked sources. SportsNewsReport.com aggregates and links — it does not republish full articles.
Related Stories
Last 14 days
EPL•Aug 18, 2026, 1:40 PM‘Sources have told…’: Man Utd man offered to Euro club with INEOS keen to secure lucrative fee
EPL•Aug 18, 2026, 1:36 PMMendes brought in to resolve Fernandez situation
EPL•Aug 18, 2026, 1:05 PMTruth of Arsenal-Osimhen talks confirmed- EPL•Aug 18, 2026, 1:00 PMArsenal tipped to win title by more than 20 points
EPL•Aug 18, 2026, 12:50 PMEA FC 27 Ratings: Who is Liverpool’s highest rated player?
EPL•Aug 18, 2026, 12:45 PM‘An absoute no-brainer’: Rooney says Man Utd simply have to complete £60m deal before transfer deadline
