Sunderland's pursuit of Dayann Methalie continues despite medical concerns

Yahoo Sports1 min read • Latest: Aug 20, 2026, 8:05 AM

Last updated Aug 20, 2026

Sunderland's pursuit of Dayann Methalie continues despite medical concerns
Summary

Sunderland's attempted signing of left-back Dayann Methalie from Toulouse remains active. Despite reports of a collapsed deal due to concerns over Methalie's medical examination, BBC Radio Newcastle commentator Nick Barnes emphasizes the club's continued interest. Sunderland previously agreed to a £25.6 million fee for the 20-year-old. The player is reportedly distressed about the situation as he undergoes further medical evaluations in France. The process is ongoing, with hopes that the deal can still be completed.

Source Links
Key Details
  • Sunderland aims to sign Dayann Methalie from Toulouse.
  • Deal worth £25.6 million was previously agreed upon.
  • Concerns arose following Methalie's medical examination.
  • The player is undergoing further evaluations in France.
  • Club still wants to finalize the transfer.
Latest Updates
  • 8:05 AMYahoo SportsSunderland move for Methalie 'not over' - Barnes
What they're saying
"

BBC Radio Newcastle's Sunderland commentator Nick Barnes says a deal to sign Dayann Methalie from Toulouse is "not over" despite reports it had collapsed after concerns were raised over his medical. "It's not a deal that's dead," Barnes told BBC Radio Newcastle.

Related Teams & Leagues

Sources

External links

Original reporting and copyright belong to the linked sources. SportsNewsReport.com aggregates and links — it does not republish full articles.

Related Stories

Last 14 days