Paul Heyman discusses Brock Lesnar's retirement after SummerSlam
Cageside Seats • 2 min read • Latest: Aug 19, 2026, 3:30 PM
Last updated Aug 19, 2026

Paul Heyman commented on Brock Lesnar's recent retirement, stating it is genuine following his SummerSlam farewell. After Lesnar left his boots in the ring at WrestleMania 42, speculation about his future continued. Heyman conveyed that Lesnar is at peace with his decision and intends to focus on his children's athletic pursuits. Despite this, rumors suggest he might return for WrestleMania 43 in Saudi Arabia next year, a notion reflective of the unpredictable nature of pro wrestling.
- •Brock Lesnar had a farewell at SummerSlam, marking his supposed retirement.
- •Heyman expressed confidence that this retirement is final.
- •Lesnar plans to support his children in sports.
- •Speculation exists about a potential return for WrestleMania 43.
- •Lesnar previously left his boots in the ring at WrestleMania 42.
- 3:30 PMCageside Seats — Paul Heyman on why Brock Lesnar’s SummerSlam retirement was for real this time
"Paul Heyman (L) comes into the ring to console Brock Lesnar after he appeared to retire following his loss to Oba Femi in their match during WrestleMania 42 at Allegiant Stadium on April 19, 2026 in Las Vegas, Nevada. | Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images After Brock Lesnar left his boots in the ring at WrestleMania 42, his longtime advocate and friend Paul Heyman generally sold it as a retirement — and continued to sell the importance of the moment even after Lesnar returned to the ring. But after a SummerSlam farewell the WWE and UFC legend says is really, truly the end, Heyman told Undertaker on the latest Six Feet Under that he’s “accepting of the reality of the situation.” “Brock has always been a realist about himself, and it’s time. “And to him, I would hear this every year from him, ‘Nope, this is my last contract. This is it.’ And he meant it when he said it. And as we got closer, he would then change his mind or it didn’t take a lot to talk him into it. ”But I knew that this was it. Because he knew that this was it, he wasn’t just saying it because he felt it at the moment. This decision was fait accompli.” Lesnar says he’ll be spending his time helping his kids achieve their athletic dreams, but rumor and speculation persist he could be lured back for a big payday at WrestleMania 43 in Saudi Arabia next year. They don’t call pro wrestling a “never say never” business for nothing. Did Paul Heyman’s answer help convince you that Brock Lesnar’s latest retirement will be a permanent one?
Sources
External linksOriginal reporting and copyright belong to the linked sources. SportsNewsReport.com aggregates and links — it does not republish full articles.
Related Stories
Last 14 days
UFC•Aug 19, 2026, 4:14 PM5 Myanmar Stars Who Could Make Waves In ONE Championship
UFC•Aug 19, 2026, 4:11 PMEdson Barboza details grim reason for UFC retirement: 'I almost lost my vision'
UFC•Aug 19, 2026, 3:08 PMUSA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, Aug. 18: Mackenzie Dern new No. 1
UFC•Aug 19, 2026, 3:01 PMLatest UFC 333 Fight Card, Paramount+ Lineup
MMA•Aug 19, 2026, 2:47 PMRed Sox's Top Outfielder Prospect Enjoys Double-A Debut
UFC•Aug 19, 2026, 2:32 PMAnthony Hernandez ready to bounce back from loss to Sean Strickland: 'I really want to hurt somebody'
